What is gametech?
Gametech, or game technology, is a term that refers to dedicated solutions and services that are used throughout a game’s lifecycle and are built especially for the purpose of game development. It covers various aspects of creating, operating, analyzing, and growing games, such as engines, software, art, audio, analytics, monetization, marketing, and more.
Gametech is a rapidly evolving and expanding field that reflects the increasing popularity and diversity of gaming as a form of entertainment and a source of revenue. With the global gaming market revenue expected to reach US$ 533 billion by 2027, interest in this field is exploding.
Singular grows games
Let us show you how …
What is the general usage of gametech?
Gametech comprises mainly four categories: development, operations, market analysis, and growth. Each category includes different types of tools and platforms that help game developers achieve their goals and overcome their challenges.
Development gametech includes anything needed to build the game, such as engines, software management tools, art tools, localization, middleware, and audio tools. These are the core components of game creation that enable developers to design, code, test, and debug their games. Some examples of development gametech are:
- Engines: Software frameworks that provide the basic functionality and features of a game, such as graphics, sound, input, networking, etc.
- Software management tools: Tools that help developers organize and manage their codebase, such as version control systems (e.g., Git), bug tracking systems (e.g., Jira), code editors (e.g., Visual Studio Code), etc.
- Art tools: Tools that help developers create and edit the visual assets of their games, such as 2D and 3D graphics, animations, UI elements, etc.
- Localization tools: Tools that help developers translate and adapt their games to different languages and cultures.
- Middleware: Software libraries or services that provide additional functionality or features to a game engine or platform.
- Audio tools: Tools that help developers create and edit their games’ sound effects and music.
Operations gametech includes solutions for game performance marketing, platforms, ad monetization, game analytics, ad mediation, infrastructure and cloud services, and customer engagement. These tools help developers run and optimize their games after their launch. Some examples of operations gametech are:
- Performance marketing platforms: Performance marketing platforms help developers acquire new game users through various channels and campaigns.
- Ad monetization platforms: Ad monetization platforms help developers generate revenue from their games by displaying ads to their users.
- Game analytics platforms: Gaming analytics platforms help developers collect and analyze data from their games and users to understand their behavior and preferences.
- Ad mediation platforms: Ad mediation platforms help developers optimize their ad revenue by managing multiple ad networks and sources.
- Infrastructure and cloud services: Services that help developers host and scale their games on the cloud.
- Customer engagement platforms: Platforms that help developers communicate with their users and increase retention and loyalty.
Market analysis gametech includes market analytics tools that help developers research and understand the gaming market trends and opportunities and benchmark their games against competitors and best practices. These tools help developers make informed decisions about their game design and strategy and identify potential gaps and niches in the market. Some examples of market analysis gametech are:
- Market analytics tools: Tools that provide data and insights on the gaming market size, growth, segmentation, demographics, genres, categories, regions, countries, etc.
- Benchmarking tools: Tools that provide data and insights on the performance and quality of other games in the market, giving data about key performance indicators like downloads, revenue, ratings, reviews, retention, engagement, monetization, marketing, etc.
Growth gametech includes tools for ad attribution and UA analytics, user acquisition, influencer marketing, app store optimization, and ad creative. These tools help developers grow their user base and revenue by optimizing their marketing campaigns and creatives. Some examples of growth gametech are:
- Ad attribution and UA analytics tools: Tools that help developers measure and optimize the effectiveness and ROI of their user acquisition campaigns across different channels and sources. (This is largely where Singular can help you!)
- User acquisition tools: Tools that help developers create and manage their user acquisition campaigns across different channels and sources.
- Influencer marketing tools: Tools that help developers leverage the power of influencers and streamers to promote their games to their audiences.
- App store optimization tools: Tools that help developers improve the visibility and conversion of their games on the app stores by optimizing their metadata and creatives.
- Ad creative tools: That help developers create and test different types of ad creatives for their games, such as banners, interstitials, rewarded videos, playable ads, etc.
How Singular provides essential analytics for your gametech stack
Singular provides game developers with a comprehensive suite of gametech solutions to help them grow their games faster and in a smarter way. Singular’s gametech solutions include:
Singular Mobile Attribution
Mobile Attribution is a powerful ad attribution and UA analytics tool to help mobile game developers measure and optimize the performance and ROI of their user acquisition campaigns across different channels and sources. Singular attribution provides game developers with granular data and insights on campaign performance, such as impressions, clicks, installs, events, revenue, ROAS, LTV, etc. Singular attribution also supports advanced features such as SKAdNetwork integration, fraud prevention, cost aggregation, cohort analysis, etc.
Singular Creative Analytics
Creative Analytics is a cutting-edge ad creative analytics and optimization tool that helps game developers create and test different ad creatives for their games, such as banners, interstitials, rewarded videos, playable ads, etc. This tool provides game developers with data and insights on how each creative performs regarding impressions, clicks, installs, events, revenue, ROAS, LTV, etc. It also supports advanced features such as creative clustering, dynamic creative optimization, creative insights, etc.
- Save time and resources by automating and streamlining their user acquisition workflows
- Increase efficiency and accuracy by eliminating data discrepancies and silos
- Improve performance and ROI by optimizing their campaigns and creatives based on real-time data and insights
- Gain competitive advantage by leveraging Singular’s expertise and innovation in the gametech space