We’re excited to announce the second edition of the The Singular ROI Index, ranking the top-performing ad channels driving the highest quality ROI for mobile marketers on iOS and Android. This is the largest study of its kind with over $1B in revenue, 315M installs, 1.7K+ apps, and 1.2K+ mobile media partners analyzed. The rankings account for three factors:
- Quality Factor (based on ROI or revenue divided by cost)
- Scale Factor (total ad spend)
- Fraud Factor (penalty based on the percentage of fraudulent installs driven by a media source)
You asked, we answered: We’re bringing you even more granular insights. This year’s edition includes vertical and regional breakdowns of the Top 15 ranking mobile media sources. Singular is uniquely positioned to offer the most comprehensive set of ROI data as the leading mobile attribution and campaign analytics platform used by top marketers at Lyft, Yelp, Rovio, Postmates, Airbnb, and Blizzard.
Comparing Singular’s ROI Index 2016 to 2017, many movers and shakers appeared. In terms of platform ROI, iOS held its lead for the Gaming category; however, Android made significant headway in closing the gap. A number of other players achieved considerable growth in both volume and return as newcomers burst onto the scene, big names increased their game, and video-focused media sources continued to climb the ranks.
Movers and shakers include:
- Snapchat Enters the Scene on iOS: Snapchat debuts in the rankings as marketers increased their spend on iOS driving the 6th highest ROI for the Non-Gaming category and the 15th highest ROI across all verticals
- Apple Search Ads Accelerates into the Top 5: Apple Search Ads captured a larger share of digital marketing budgets, rising from the 23rd rank to the 6th highest-volume media source on iOS from 2016 to 2017
- AdWords Takes Back the Top Spot on Android: While Facebook surged to the top spot in 2016, AdWords took back control as the top leader on Android in 2017
- Facebook Edges Out AdWords in EMEA: AdWords held the top spot in Americas and APAC on Android, but Facebook beat out AdWords in EMEA
- Twitter on the Rise: Twitter delivered the 2nd highest ROI across both Android and iOS in the Non-Gaming category
- Top Video Media Sources Keep Climbing: Video media sources – Vungle, Unity Ads and AdColony – climb into the Top 5 on Android and iOS
- iOS Dominates in Gaming: iOS drove 1.2X higher ROI in the Gaming category, however Android is quickly closing that gap driving 8% annual growth in ROI
For the complete list of rankings including the Top 15 on Android vs. iOS, download The Singular ROI Index now.