What is Web3 marketing?
Web3 Marketing is a new evolution in digital marketing. It accompanies a shift from Web 2.0’s centralized data storage to Web 3.0’s decentralized data storage, which is intended to give control of data to users.
This shift will require marketers to invest more time and resources in understanding the different web3 customer acquisition channels and develop strategies that cater to their needs. Traditional channels such as content marketing, SEO, and mobile marketing will still be relevant, but they will have to work alongside emerging technologies, such as NFTs and tokens, and emerging platforms such as Discord and Telegram.
Get help with web3 marketing?
We can help. Singular has significant web3 clients/
How is web3 marketing used?
To understand web 3.0 marketing, let’s first review what web 1.0 and web 2.0 mean.
- Web 1.0: Web 1.0 refers to the first generation of the World Wide Web, characterized by static HTML pages and limited user interactivity. Web 1.0 sites were typically used to share information, with little or no user input or interaction.
- Web 2.0: Web 2.0 refers to the second generation of the World Wide Web, characterized by increased interactivity, user-generated content, and social networking features. Web 2.0 sites are generally interactive, allowing users to comment, post, and share content with other users.
- Web 3.0: Web 3.0 is a potential next generation of the web that is characterized by a shift to blockchain technologies for data storage and security. Web 3.0 services typically use wallets, have decentralized components, and offer services and/or products that are at least theoretically portable to other services.
In order to keep up with the changes in web3, as DMEXCO writes here are several useful tips to incorporate into your marketing stack:
- Follow the latest trends related to web3 and gain an understanding of web3 technologies, such as blockchain and NFTs
- Use customer data insights skillfully. Even though there is more privacy there will likely be some relevant buyer data that can be valuable to marketers.
- Optimize user experience for web3 and always track the performance of your web3 marketing strategies
It’s worth noting that exactly how web3 ends up looking is still up for grabs. While there’s a lot that is appealing about web3, it hasn’t yet proven to be able to displace web2 technologies.
Web3 marketing typically uses both new platforms like Discord and Telegram alongside existing traditional advertising and marketing platforms. Web3 marketers need to target both existing web3 believers and also those who are new to web3, so a mix of techniques and channels is essential.
How does Singular support web3 marketing?
As a leader in marketing analytics, Singular supports web3 performance marketing and offers a complete solution for measuring, engaging, and developing Web3 entities. Our technology provides cross-platform tracking and attribution to monitor performance across devices, automated wallet ID assistance to analyze user journeys and NFT transactions, standardized web links and complete funnel reports for CPAs, and adaptable linking strategies for obtaining and involving users.
Our Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) system allows you to transfer enriched cross-platform data into your databases, storage solutions, and reporting tools.