Holiday Reading Recommendations 2021
As we switch off for the holidays and head into the end of year, we’re all looking forward to some well deserved time off!
Whether you’re spending time with family and friends, staycationing by the fireplace, or hiking in the sunshine, we’ve got you covered.
Taking inspiration from our Singular team, and incredible industry leaders, we’ve compiled a list of suggested holiday reads (and for those who prefer to listen, we’ve thrown in some podcasts for good measure) to help you pass the time.
Is your reading pleasure for professional development? Industry insights? Personal growth? or a good old fashioned casual read? We’ve made sure to include recommendations for all of the above, so dive into your next favorite read and let us know some of your must-have titles!
Author’s note: This list is a compilation of recommendations we’ve received from industry experts and fellow colleagues. We’ve added links for your convenience, however, it is by no means an endorsement of the websites, authors, or publishing companies.
Want to hone in on those management skills? Learn how to diversify your team in the most inclusive way? Understand the best way to be more efficient? Try out some of these!
- The Culture Map by Erin Meyer
- Invisible Women – Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez
- The Phoenix Project: A novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr and George Spafford
- Just Work by Kim Scott
- The Mom Test by Rob Fitzpatrick
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
Recommendation by our CCO, Noa Shaul:
The Authority Gap by Mary Ann Sieghart
Interested in learning from history makers? Diving into inspiring stories from around the world? These recs are for you!
- The Ride of a Lifetime by Robert Iger
- The Rescue
- The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
- The Science and Technology of Growing Young by Sergey Young
- The Knowledge Project with Shane Parrish
- Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
Recommendation by our CEO, Gadi Eliashiv:
What better time to work on yourself than the new year? Develop, learn new habits, and invest in yourself with some of these wisdom-filled titles
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
Recommendation by our CGO, Ron Konigsberg:
No Rules Rules by Reed Hastings and Eric Meyer
Ok ok, sometimes you just want to cuddle by the fireplace (or lounge at the beach) and immerse yourself in the fictional life of someone else. We’ve got you covered!
- Mythos by Stephen Fry
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- The Startup Wife by Tahmima Anam
- Educated by Tara Westover
- The Parthenon Marbles: The Case for Reunification by Christopher Hitchens
- Today in Focus by The Guardian
Recommendation by our journalist, John Koetsier:
The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov
Last but not least, we couldn’t call ourselves marketers if we didn’t share a list of industry must-reads from 2021. Books, podcasts, guides, we have it all!
- 21 Lessons from Mobile Heroes in 2021 by Liftoff
- Level Up Academy by ironSource
- Growth Masterminds Podcast by Singular
- The Prof G Podcast with Scott Galloway
- The Cold Start Problem by Andrew Chen
- The State of Mobile Growth with Thomas Petit by Storemaven
- The App Marketer’s Handbook for iOS 15 User Acquisition by MobileAction
Recommendation by our CTO, Eran Friedman:
Creative Selection by Ken Kocienda
We hope that this list helps you through the holiday season (and maybe even those down-time moments in the year ahead).
As always, Singular is here to offer the insights you need on ad performance, creative optimizations, and growing your business with better marketing performance insights! Chat with one of our experts!